Target Audience:This activity is intended for employee health nurse managers.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Consulting Editor/Nurse Planner
MaryAnn Gruden, MSN, CRNP, NP-C, COHN-S/CM
Association Community Liaison
Association of Occupational Health
Professionals in Healthcare
Manager Employee Health Services
Allegheny General Hospital
West Penn Allegheny Health System
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
- OSHA ramps up action on bloodborne risks in health care settings
- AOHP to track national needlestick trends
- OSHA enforcement despite sequester
- Two views on a ban: Smokers need not apply?
- Hospital's safety goal: No more injuries
- Work safety: Freedom from harm, disrespect
- The path to joy and meaning in HC
- "˜Clean' scrubs are teeming with germs
- Green for Go: How to steer HCWs to healthy food
- Identify particular clinical, administrative, and regulatory issues related to the care of hospital employees
- Describe how the clinical, administrative, and regulatory issues particular to the care of hospital employees affect health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry at large
- Cite solutions to the problem faced in the care of hospital employees based on expert guidelines from relevant regulatory bodies, or the independent recommendations of other employee health professionals
Financial Disclosure:Editor Michele Marill, Executive Editor Gary Evans, and Consulting Editor/Nurse Planner MaryAnn Gruden, MSN, CRNP, NP-C, COHN,S/CM report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2013 AHC Media. All rights reserved.