Target Audience:This activity is intended for employee health nurse managers.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Consulting Editor/Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, PhD, RN, CNOR, FAAN
Associate Professor, Nursing
- Ebola outbreak underscores weakness in worker safety
- OSHA infectious disease rule moves forward
- Employee health professionals step up, lead hospital efforts to protect HCWs from Ebola
- CDC forms Ebola response teams, drops expectation that all hospitals can care for patients
- CDC cites high-risk procedures like intubation in adding respirators to Ebola PPD for HCWs
- Ebola pushes nurses stress, anxiety levels higher as many doubt their hospital is prepared
- Employee health professionals can use social media, Internet to boost staff health
- Massachusetts nurses union files suit against hospital, says flu shot mandate goes beyond law
- Identify particular clinical, administrative, and regulatory issues related to the care of hospital employees
- Describe how the clinical, administrative, and regulatory issues particular to the care of hospital employees affect health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry at large
- Cite solutions to the problem faced in the care of hospital employees based on expert guidelines from relevant regulatory bodies, or the independent recommendations of other employee health professionals
Financial Disclosure:Editor Michele Marill, Executive Editor Gary Evans, and Consulting Editor/Nurse Planner MaryAnn Gruden, MSN, CRNP, NP-C, COHN,S/CM report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.