Read the Disclosure Information Below, then click “Continue” to begin testing.
Release date: August 2016
Valid through: August 2019
This activity is intended for employee health nurse managers.
- Protect patients, harm workers? Cleaning agent raises concerns
- Protect HCWs: NIOSH says be alert for respiratory, skin, and eye symptoms in environmental services staff
- Staffing woes: Insufficient numbers, mismatched staff for patient acuity endanger workers, patients
- AOHP exposure study: Bloodborne pathogen exposures to HCWs continue – is complacency setting in?
- Zika needlestick: The question of whether Zika virus can be transmitted via needlestick is no longer hypothetical
- Stop needlesticks: Educate, communicate, investigate, and engage workers at all levels
- Gloves on, never off? Some HCWs feel better wearing gloves, but fail to take them off.
- GAO dings OSHA: Government watchdog takes OSHA to task for lax enforcement on preventing violence in healthcare
- Identify particular clinical, administrative, and regulatory issues related to the care of hospital employees
- Describe how the clinical, administrative, and regulatory issues particular to the care of hospital employees affect healthcare workers, hospitals, or the healthcare industry at large
- Cite solutions to the problem faced in the care of hospital employees based on expert guidelines from relevant regulatory bodies, or the independent recommendations of other employee health professionals
This activity is sponsored by AHC Media.
AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Nurse Planner: Kay Ball, PhD, RN, CNOR, FAAN Associate Professor, Nursing Otterbein University Westerville, OH
AHC Media Senior Writer: Gary Evans
Managing Editor: Jill Drachenberg
Senior Staff Writer Gary Evans, Managing Editor Jill Drachenberg, and Nurse Planner Kay Ball report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2016, AHC Media. All rights reserved.