Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. AHC also is approved as a provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider number CEP 10864).
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved for 1.5 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
- Risen from the dead: Can 1918 virus help defeat bird flu threat?
- Vaunted virulence: Keys to 1918’s fatal infections
- 1918 and bird flu: Finding transmission ‘tipping point’
- Rapid vaccine production linchpin of pandemic plan
- Pandemic plan takes four-pronged approach
- Emerging national trends push ICPs to a crossroads
- identify the particular clinical, legal, or educational issue related to epidemiology
- describe how the issue affects nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite solutions to the problems associated with those issues, based on guidelines from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or other authorities, and/or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Financial Disclosure:Editor Gary Evans, Editorial Group Head Coles McKagen, and Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.