Target Audience:This activity is intended for infection control practitioners and infectious disease physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrick Joseph, MD
Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and President
California Infection Control Consultants
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC
Infection Control Consultant
Infection Control/Emerging Concepts
- Elderly flu shots: No-brainer or no-gainer? Controversy, conflicting studies dog issue
- Pandemic, vaccine debate spur ideas to save elders
- Time is right to make 'business case' for IC
- MRSA hospitalizations double from 1999 to 2005
- Deaths, severe reactions after treatment for TB
- CDC cautions about report of rise in new HIV infections
- identify the particular clinical, legal, or educational issue related to epidemiology
- describe how the issue affects nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite solutions to the problems associated with those issues, based on guidelines from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or other authorities, and/or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Financial Disclosure:Editor Gary Evans, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD, and Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC, Nurse Planner, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.