Target Audience:This activity is intended for infection control practitioners and infectious disease physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrick Joseph, MD
Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and President
California Infection Control Consultants
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC
Infection Control Consultant
Infection Control/Emerging Concepts
- Quest for excellence hits ethical impasse; landmark prevention program shut down
- UTIs create a danger field, but they get no respect
- Hib vaccine lots recalled, production stopped
- Which lots of vaccine are being recalled?
- Keystone provides keys to preventing UTIs
- In body or mind? CDC studying mystery disease
- identify the particular clinical, legal, or educational issue related to epidemiology
- describe how the issue affects nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite solutions to the problems associated with those issues, based on guidelines from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or other authorities, and/or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Financial Disclosure:Editor Gary Evans, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD, and Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC, Nurse Planner, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.