Target Audience:This activity is intended for infection control practitioners and infectious disease physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrick Joseph, MD
Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and President
California Infection Control Consultants
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC
Infection Control Consultant
Infection Control/Emerging Concepts
IP Newbie Author
Wisdom Teachers Author
- Is MRSA on the run? CEOs getting on board, emerging data point to dramatic reductions
- MRSA drops in ICUs, but BSI battle awaits in wards
- A $50 million question: Where will HAI funds go?
- North Carolina SPICE a model for other states
- Patient, protect thyself in ambulatory care
- CDC draft tightens proof of HCW measles immunity
- The proof does not have to be in your pudding
- Twist of fate: Sometimes infections luck of the draw
- identify the particular clinical, legal, or educational issue related to epidemiology
- describe how the issue affects nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite solutions to the problems associated with those issues, based on guidelines from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or other authorities, and/or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Financial Disclosure:Editor Gary Evans, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD, Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC, Nurse Planner, IP Newbie Author, Patti Grant, and Wisdom Teachers Author, Susan Kraska, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2009 AHC Media. All rights reserved.