Target Audience:This activity is intended for infection control practitioners and infectious disease physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrick Joseph, MD
Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and President
California Infection Control Consultants
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC
Infection Control Consultant
Infection Control/Emerging Concepts
Abstract & Commentary Author
Robert Muder, MD
IP Newbie Author
Wisdom Teachers Author
- Serious respiratory syndrome, emerging resistance make H1N1 formidable foe even after vaccine
- One-shot H1N1 vaccine on the way
- Joint Commission chief: No jump in IP 'problems'
- Reporting requirements of proposed fed HAI bill
- CMS clarifies EMTALA rules in light of H1N1
- Got N95s? You better, says IOM panel
- Be aware of HCWs' psychosocial needs
- P&P manual updates: Are we having fun yet?
- Distinct change: IPs on team, still separate
- With HIN1 vaccine shortage expected, highest-risk groups go to front of line
- identify the clinical, legal, or educational issues encountered by infection preventionists and health care epidemiologists
- describe the effect of infection control and prevention issues on nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite solutions to the problems encountered by infection preventionists, based on guidelines from the relevant regulatory authorities, and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions.
Financial Disclosure:Editor Gary Evans, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD, Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC, Nurse Planner, IP Newbie Author, Patti Grant, and Wisdom Teachers Author, Sue Sebazco, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Robert Muder, MD, (Abstract & Commentary Author) does research for Aventis and Pharmacia.
Copyright 2009 AHC Media. All rights reserved.