Target Audience:This activity is intended for infection control practitioners and infectious disease physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrick Joseph, MD
Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and President
California Infection Control Consultants
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC
Infection Control Consultant
Infection Control/Emerging Concepts
- Infectious disease experts ask President Obama to end H1N1 influenza respirator debacle
- OSHA will consider 'good-faith' efforts on N95 compliance
- Obama letter: N95s threaten response
- Dueling studies: Mask debate is not academic
- Industrial hygiene group says N95s the right call
- identify the clinical, legal, or educational issues encountered by infection preventionists and health care epidemiologists
- describe the effect of infection control and prevention issues on nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite solutions to the problems encountered by infection preventionists, based on guidelines from the relevant regulatory authorities, and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions.
Financial Disclosure:Editor Gary Evans, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD, and Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC, Nurse Planner, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2009 AHC Media. All rights reserved.