Target Audience:This activity is intended for infection control practitioners and infectious disease physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrick Joseph, MD
Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and President
California Infection Control Consultants
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC
Infection Control Consultant
Infection Control/Emerging Concepts
IP Newbie Author
Patti Grant, RN, BSN, MS, CIC
Infection Preventionist, Dallas
- Blunt assessment: Surgeons stuck by suture needles endanger themselves and patients
- Elephant in the room is patient on the table
- ACS recommends safety needles, double-gloving
- Be ready for both OSHA and H1N1
- What OSHA inspectors will ask about H1N1
- Infection liability grows, cases harder to defend
- Grim autopsies: H1N1, a true killer in some cases
- What can possibly go wrong? Don't ask
- identify the clinical, legal, or educational issues encountered by infection preventionists and health care epidemiologists
- describe the effect of infection control and prevention issues on nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite solutions to the problems encountered by infection preventionists, based on guidelines from the relevant regulatory authorities, and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions.
Financial Disclosure:Editor Gary Evans, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD, and Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC, Nurse Planner, and IP Newbe Author, Patti Grant, RN, BSN, MS, CIC, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2010 AHC Media. All rights reserved.