Target Audience:This activity is intended for infection control practitioners and infectious disease physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrick Joseph, MD
Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and President
California Infection Control Consultants
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC
Infection Control Consultant
Infection Control/Emerging Concepts
iP Newbe Authors
Patti Grant, RN, BSN, MS, CIC
Stacey Taylor RN, BSN
- Vermont's infection prevention network unites long term care, hospitals against MDROs
- IP in long term care: Part-time, untrained
- State lawmakers target infection control in LTC
- Isolation a common conundrum in LTC
- Staff shortages linked to infection citations in LTC
- APIC joins calls for powdered glove ban
- OSHA chief: Infection standard still on table
- Discharged ED patient tests positive: Your move
- The new kid at the cool lunch table
- identify the clinical, legal, or educational issues encountered by infection preventionists and epidemiologists
- describe the effect of infection control and prevention issues on nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite solutions to the problems encountered by infection preventionists, based on guidelines from the relevant regulatory authorities, and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions.
Financial Disclosure:Executive Editor Gary Evans, Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD, Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC, Nurse Planner, and iP Newbe Authors, Patti Grant, and Stacey Taylor, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.