Target Audience:This activity is intended for infection control practitioners and infectious disease physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrick Joseph, MD
Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and President
California Infection Control Consultants
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC
Infection Control Consultant
Infection Control/Emerging Concepts
iP Newbe Author
Patti Grant, RN, BSN, MS, CIC
- Infection preventionists, take a (brief) bow: Key HAIs falling, major challenges remain
- Do you know where your flagged MDRO pts are?
- Getting pts in isolation, and keeping them there
- Part II: 'The Just One More Thing Strategy'
- Honesty with infected pt irks colleague
- Many HCWs don't know correct PPE sequence
- Transferring more than patients
- Counterintuitive: Move To EHR spikes rates?
- identify the clinical, legal, or educational issues encountered by infection preventionists and epidemiologists
- describe the effect of infection control and prevention issues on nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite solutions to the problems encountered by infection preventionists, based on guidelines from the relevant regulatory authorities, and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions.
Financial Disclosure:Executive Editor Gary Evans, Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD, Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC, Nurse Planner, and iP Newbe Author, Patti Grant, RN, BSN, MS, CIC, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.