Target Audience:This activity is intended for infection control practitioners and infectious disease physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrick Joseph, MD
Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and President
California Infection Control Consultants
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC
Infection Control Consultant
Infection Control/Emerging Concepts
- CDC to track hospital antibiotic use with new electronic NHSN module
- CDC pilots drug use improvement system
- Fed plan faces a complex problem
- HCW flu shot rates hit a record high
- Is flu shot efficacy being oversold?
- identify the clinical, legal, or educational issues encountered by infection preventionists and epidemiologists
- describe the effect of infection control and prevention issues on nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- cite solutions to the problems encountered by infection preventionists, based on guidelines from the relevant regulatory authorities, and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions.
Financial Disclosure:Executive Editor Gary Evans, Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD, and Katherine West, BSN, MSEd, CIC, Nurse Planner, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2012 AHC Media. All rights reserved.