Target Audience:This activity is intended for infection control practitioners and infectious disease physicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Listing:Executive Editor
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrick Joseph, MD
Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and President
California Infection Control Consultants
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN
Lewis Center, OH
- APIC 2014: Saudi IPs say MERS is ‘our challenge,’ but tide is turning with aggressive new measures
- A bug in Brazil: Is VRSA back with a vengeance?
- APIC 2014: Infection prevention in the ED
- A modest proposal: Ban handshakes in healthcare
- AHRQ kit to prevent dialysis infections
- HIC wins 1st as best healthcare newsletter
- Identify the clinical, legal, or educational issues encountered by infection preventionists and epidemiologists
- Describe the effect of infection control and prevention issues on nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- Cite solutions to the problems encountered by infection preventionists, based on guidelines from the relevant regulatory authorities, and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions.
Financial Disclosure:Executive Editor Gary Evans, Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD, and Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN, Nurse Planner, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.