This activity is intended for infection control practitioners and infectious disease physicians.
AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Listing:Executive Editor Gary Evans
AHC Media Board Member and Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD
Chief of Epidemiology
San Ramon (CA) Regional Medical Center and President
California Infection Control Consultants
San Ramon Board Member and Nurse Planner Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN
Lewis Center, OH
- Trail of tears: Fired drug diverting HCWs free to find another hospital
- CDC: Thousands of patients put at risk by outbreaks caused by drug diverters in health care
- Drug diverters may show no signs of addiction
- Feds lower the boom on compounding pharmacy
- CMS hits hospitals for high rates of infections
- CDC hiring IPs for Ebola jobs in West Africa
- Flu shot mere 23% effective
- Identify the clinical, legal, or educational issues encountered by infection preventionists and epidemiologists
- Describe the effect of infection control and prevention issues on nurses, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- Cite solutions to the problems encountered by infection preventionists, based on guidelines from the relevant regulatory authorities, and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions.
Executive Editor Gary Evans
, Consulting Editor Patrick Joseph, MD
, and Kay Ball, RN, PhD, CNOR, FAAN
, Nurse Planner, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.