Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospitalists, intensivists and acute care clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Associate Medical Director for Critical Care Services
Harborview Medical Center
University of Washington School of Medicine
Hospital Medicine Alert's physician editor, Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD, selected and reviewed the articles contained within this issue on February 10, 2006.
- Diabetic Foot Infections: Culture Results from Bone Biopsy and Swab Specimens
- Toxic Shock Syndrome After Medical Abortion
- Forgotten Hazards of Sedatives
- Anticoagulation for Atrial Fibrillation in Acute MI
- Prophylactic Amiodarone After Heart Surgery
- Aminophylline in COPD Exacerbations: Just Say No
- review pertinent safety, infection control, and quality improvement practices
- discuss diagnosis and treatment of acute illness in the hospital setting
- review current data on diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for common inpatient problems
Financial Disclosure:Hospital Medicine Alert's physician editor, Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD, has no relevant financial relationship related to the material presented in this issue.
Copyright 2006 AHC Media. All rights reserved.