Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospitalists, intensivists and acute care clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD
Professor of Medicine
Internal Medicine Residency Program
University of Washington
Hospital Medicine Alert's physician editor, Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD, selected and reviewed the articles contained within this issue on September 10, 2007.
- Rapid Diagnostic Testing for Malaria — It's Finally Here!
- Oral Antibiotics for Pyelonephritis in Children
- SSRIs and Fractures
- Bone Loss in the Elderly Associated with SSRIs
- Nurse Staffing Influences Infection Rates in Elderly
- Beta-Blockers for Asymptomatic LVSD
- review pertinent safety, infection control, and quality improvement practices
- discuss diagnosis and treatment of acute illness in the hospital setting
- review current data on diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for common inpatient problems
Financial Disclosure:Hospital Medicine Alert's physician editor, Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD, has no relevant financial relationship related to the material presented in this issue.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.