Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospitalists, intensivists and acute care clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD
Professor of Medicine
Internal Medicine Residency Program
University of Washington
- Practice Makes (Almost) Perfect: Reducing Catheter-related Bacteremia Using Simulation-based Training
- Respiratory Therapist-driven Protocol for Non-ICU Surgical Patients Reduces ICU Use and Decreases Costs
- Cleaning Stethoscopes with Ethanol-based Cleaner vs. Isopropyl Alcohol — Which Is Better?
- Unexplained Cardiac Arrest Evaluation
- Whole Blood in the Management of Hypovolemia Due to Obstetrical Hemorrhage
- Vancomycin Loading Doses in Morbidly Obese Patients
- review pertinent safety, infection control, and quality improvement practices
- discuss diagnosis and treatment of acute illness in the hospital setting
- review current data on diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for common inpatient problems
Hospital Medicine Alert's physician editor, Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD, has no relevant financial relationship related to the material presented in this issue.
Copyright 2009 AHC Media. All rights reserved.