Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospitalists, intensivists and acute care clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physician Editor Executive Editor Russ Underwood Managing Editor Jill Drachenberg Authors Jennifer A. Best, MD
Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD
Professor of Medicine
Internal Medicine Residency Program
University of Washington
, FACP, FHM
University of Washington School of Medicine,
Seattle, WA Rahul Gupta, MD
, MPH, FACP
Clinical Assistant Professor,
West Virginia University School of Medicine,
Charleston, WV Andrew J. Boyle, MBBS, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine,
University of California,
San Francisco Eric C. Walter, MD
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine,
Northwest Permanente and Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center,
Portland Ken Grauer, MD
Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine,
College of Medicine,
University of Florida
- Brain MRI Helpful for Identification of Causal Lesions in Adults with First Suspected Seizure
- Fluoroquinolones and the Risk of Acute Kidney Injury
- Shorter Door-to-Balloon Times — No Change in Mortality
- Mortality Decline With the Use of a Sepsis Treatment Bundle
- Discuss pertinent safety, infection control and quality improvement practices
- Explain diagnosis and treatment of acute illness in the hospital setting; and
- Discuss current data on diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for common inpatient problems.
Hospital Medicine Alert's physician editor, Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD, peer reviewer William Thompson, MD, executive editor Russ Underwood, and associate managing editor Jill Drachenberg have no relevant financial relationship related to the material presented in this issue.
Authors Jennifer A. Best, MD, Rahul Gupta, MD, Andrew J. Boyle, MBBS, PhD, and Eric C. Walter, MD report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Author Ken Grauer, MD is the sole proprietor of KG-EKG Press, and publisher of an ECG pocket brain book.