Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospitalists, intensivists and acute care clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physician Editor Executive Editor Russ Underwood Managing Editor Jill Drachenberg Authors Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD, FACP
Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD
Professor of Medicine
Internal Medicine Residency Program
University of Washington
Professor of Medicine,
University of Washington School of Medicine,
Seattle, WA Richard R. Watkins, MD, MS, FACP
Division of Infectious Diseases,
Akron General Medical Center,
Associate Professor of Internal Medicine,
Northeast Ohio Medical University,
Rootstown, OH. Matthew E. Fink, MD
Professor and Chairman, Department of Neurology,
Weill Cornell Medical College;
New York Presbyterian Hospital Ken Grauer, MD
Professor Emeritus in Family Medicine,
College of Medicine,
University of Florida
- Are Hospitalists Associated with Improvements in Quality of Care?
- Efficacy of Higher-dose Oseltamivir in Adults with Influenza A and B
- New Oral Anticoagulants Poised to Alter Approach to AF
- Fidaxomicin More Effective than Vancomycin for Clostridium difficile Infection in Cancer Patients?
- Discuss pertinent safety, infection control and quality improvement practices
- Explain diagnosis and treatment of acute illness in the hospital setting; and
- Discuss current data on diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for common inpatient problems.
Hospital Medicine Alert's physician editor, Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD, peer reviewer John H. Choe, MD, MPH, executive editor Russ Underwood, and associate managing editor Jill Drachenberg have no relevant financial relationship related to the material presented in this issue.
Author Richard R. Watkins, MD, MS, FACP reports no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Author Matthew E. Fink, MD is a retained consultant for MAQUET.
Author Ken Grauer, MD is the sole proprietor of KG-EKG Press, and publisher of an ECG pocket brain book.
Copyright 2014, AHC Media