Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospitalists, intensivists and acute care clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physician Editor Executive Editor Russ Underwood Managing Editor Jill Drachenberg Authors Jennifer A. Best, MD
Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD
Professor of Medicine
Internal Medicine Residency Program
University of Washington
University of Washington School of Medicine,
Seattle, WA Deborah J. DeWaay, MD, FACP
Medical University of South Carolina,
Charleston, SC Jeffrey Zimmet, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine,
University of California,
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory,
San Francisco VA Medical Center Michael H. Crawford, MD
Professor of Medicine, Chief of Clinical Cardiology,
University of California, San Francisco Linda L. Chlan, RN, PhD, FAAN
Dean's Distinguished Professor of Symptom Management Research,
The Ohio State University,
College of Nursing
- Not All Patients with Acute, Uncomplicated Diverticulitis Require Hospitalization
- Disparities in Hospital Transfers: Not What You Would Expect
- Inpatient STEMIs: Are They as Complicated as They Seem?
- Endocarditis Outcomes in the Elderly
- A Worldwide Assessment of Procedure-Related Pain Intensity and Distress in ICU Patients
- Discuss pertinent safety, infection control and quality improvement practices
- Explain diagnosis and treatment of acute illness in the hospital setting; and
- Discuss current data on diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for common inpatient problems.
Hospital Medicine Alert's physician editor, Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD, peer reviewer John H. Choe, MD, MPH, executive editor Russ Underwood, and associate managing editor Jill Drachenberg have no relevant financial relationship related to the material presented in this issue.
Authors Jennifer A. Best, MD, Deborah J. DeWaay, MD, FACP, Jeffrey Zimmet, MD, PhD, and Michael H. Crawford, MD report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Author Linda L. Chlan, RN, PhD, FAAN reports that she receives grant/research support from Hospira.
Author Dr. Weiss is a scientific advisory board member for Bionovo
Copyright 2014, AHC Media