Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospitalists, intensivists and acute care clinicians.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Physician Editor Executive Editor Russ Underwood Managing Editor Jill Drachenberg AuthorsRichard R. Watkins, MD, MS, FACP
Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD
Professor of Medicine
Internal Medicine Residency Program
University of Washington
Division of Infectious Diseases,
Akron General Medical Center,
Associate Professor of Internal Medicine,
Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH. Joseph F. John, Jr., MD, FACP, FIDSA, FSHEA
Associate Chief of Staff for Education,
Deborah J. DeWaay, MD, FACP
Medical University of South Carolina,
Jennifer A. Best, MD
University of Washington School of Medicine,
Edward P. Gerstenfeld, MD
Professor of Medicine, Chief, Cardiac Electrophysiology,
University of California, San Francisco
Matthew E. Fink, MD
Professor and Chairman, Department of Neurology,
Weill Cornell Medical College, and Neurologist-in-Chief,
New York Presbyterian Hospital
- If Less is More, How Can We Get There?
- Aspirin for the Prevention of Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism
- The Choosing Wisely ® Top 5 List in Critical Care Medicine
- Patent Foramen Ovale Does Not Confer a Higher Risk of Recurrent Events in Cryptogenic Stroke
- Thienopyridine Pretreatment in Patients with Non-ST Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes: Where’s the Evidence?
- Discuss pertinent safety, infection control and quality improvement practices
- Explain diagnosis and treatment of acute illness in the hospital setting; and
- Discuss current data on diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for common inpatient problems.
Hospital Medicine Alert's physician editor, Kenneth P. Steinberg, MD, peer reviewer John H. Choe, MD, MPH, executive editor Russ Underwood, and associate managing editor Jill Drachenberg have no relevant financial relationship related to the material presented in this issue.
Authors Richard R. Watkins, MD, Deborah J. DeWaay, MD, and Jennifer A. Best, MD report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Edward P. Gerstenfeld, MD does research for Biosense Webster, Medtronic, and Rhythmia Medical.
Matthew E. Fink, MD is a retained consultant for Procter & Gamble.
Copyright 2014, AHC Media