Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based quality professionals.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ
Swain & Associates
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrice Spath, RHIT
Consultant in Health Care Quality and Resource Management
Brown-Spath & Associates
Forest Grove, OR
- Your hospital's medical errors may soon become public knowledge
- Team training is "huge opportunity" for safety
- RCAs need leaders' care and feeding
- Study shines light on poor transfer communications
- How accurate are patient satisfaction surveys?
- Assess patient satisfaction with communications
- Leapfrog hospital survey gets tougher
- Surveyors look at newborn security, staff competencies
- Don't overlook patients with low health literacy
- Identify a particular clinical, legal, or educational issue related to quality improvement and performance outcomes
- Describe how the issue affects nurses, health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- Cite solutions to the problems associated with those issues based on guidelines from The Joint Commission or other authorities and/or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Financial Disclosure:Editor Staci Kusterbeck, Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, and nurse planner Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Patrice Spath, RHIT discloses she is principal of Brown-Spath & Associates.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.