Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based quality professionals.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Editorial Group Head
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ
Swain & Associates
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrice Spath, RHIT
Consultant in Health Care Quality and Resource Management
Brown-Spath & Associates
Forest Grove, OR
- Using antibiotic stewardship programs to curb resistance in fight against HAIs
- Making your doctors, PharmDs play nice
- Reversing the trend of resistant infections
- Pending legislation, standards on HAIs
- Oversight group holds RCA teams accountable
- Improving surgical outcomes with data tool
- Getting board members on board with education
- Is the 'Patients' Right to Know' constitutional?
- The Joint Commission talks about pain
- Identify a particular clinical, legal, or educational issue related to quality improvement and performance outcomes
- Describe how the issue affects nurses, health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- Cite solutions to the problems associated with those issues based on guidelines from The Joint Commission or other authorities and/or based on independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor Jill Robbins, Editorial Group Head Russ Underwood, and nurse planner Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Patrice Spath, RHIT discloses she is principal of Brown-Spath & Associates.
Copyright 2008 AHC Media. All rights reserved.