Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based quality professionals.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
FacultyManaging Editor and Writer
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ
Director, Accreditation and Regulatory
Novant Health/Presbyterian Healthcare
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrice Spath, RHIT
Consultant in Health Care Quality and Resource Management
Brown-Spath & Associates
Forest Grove, OR
- OIG report: Adverse events still too common, 'CMS expand HAC list'
- Take a look at your QAPI CoP compliance
- Tackling hand-off communications
- Kaiser standardizes the hand-off process
- Kaiser hones hand-offs from hospital to homes
- What does a physician hear when you speak?
- Identify a particular clinical, legal, or educational issue related to quality improvement and performance outcomes
- Describe how the clinical, legal, or educational issues related to quality improvement and performance outcomes affect nurses, health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- Cite solutions to the problems associated with quality improvement and performance outcomes based on guidelines from relevant authorities and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Financial Disclosure:Managing Editor and Writer Jill Robbins, Executive Editor Russ Underwood, and nurse planner Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Patrice Spath, RHIT discloses she is principal of Brown-Spath & Associates.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.