Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based quality professionals.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Associate Managing Editor
Jill Von Wedel
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ
Swain & Associates
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrice Spath, RHIT
Consultant in Health Care Quality and Resource Management
Brown-Spath & Associates
Forest Grove, OR
- Protecting non-physician peer review
- Survey Field Report: Sending out an SOS
- Simulating your way to success
- NQF draft reports: A light at the end of the tunnel?
- Study eyes EOL trends for Medicare patients
- TJC issues alert on diagnostic imaging
- A high-tech approach to medication reconciliation
- Identify a particular clinical, legal, or educational issue related to quality improvement and performance outcomes
- Describe how the clinical, legal, or educational issues related to quality improvement and performance outcomes affect nurses, health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- Cite solutions to the problems associated with quality improvement and performance outcomes based on guidelines from relevant authorities and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Financial Disclosure:Editor Lisa Hubbell, Associate Managing Editor Jill Von Wedel, Executive Editor Russ Underwood, and nurse planner Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Patrice Spath, RHIT discloses she is principal of Brown-Spath & Associates.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media. All rights reserved.