Target Audience:This activity is intended for hospital-based quality professionals.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Associate Managing Editor
Board Member and Nurse Planner
Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ
Director of Accreditation and
Regulatory Novant Health
Board Member and Consulting Editor
Patrice Spath, RHIT
Consultant in Health Care Quality and Resource Management
Brown-Spath & Associates
Forest Grove, OR
- What should you worry about getting right for survey?
- Can QI be too much of a good thing?
- Treat the patient or the data point?
- DVT in precipitous decline
- 15 minutes to a safer hospital
- CMS has new data on hospital utilization
- AHRQ quality report shows improvement
- Hospital Report blog wins first-place award
- Identify a particular clinical, legal, or educational issue related to quality improvement and performance outcomes
- Describe how the clinical, legal, or educational issues related to quality improvement and performance outcomes affect nurses, health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- Cite solutions to the problems associated with quality improvement and performance outcomes based on guidelines from relevant authorities and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Editor Lisa Hubbell
, Executive Editor Russ Underwood
, Associate Managing Editor Jill Drachenberg
, and nurse planner Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ
, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Patrice Spath, RHIT
discloses she is principal of Brown-Spath & Associates.
Copyright 2014, AHC Media. All rights reserved.