This activity is intended for hospital-based quality professionals.
AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Faculty Listing:Editor Lisa Hubbell
AHC Media Executive Editor Russ Underwood
AHC Media Associate Managing Editor Jill Drachenberg
AHC Media Board Member and Nurse Planner Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ
Director of Accreditation and
Regulatory Novant Health
Charlotte, NC Board Member and Consulting Editor Patrice Spath, RHIT
Consultant in Health Care Quality and Resource Management
Brown-Spath & Associates
Forest Grove, OR
- Quality professionals in demand post-health reform
- Skills for success as a quality professional
- Less harm done in 2013, says AHRQ
- The conflict between quality and patient experience
- New research suggests leadership involvement improves quality
- Patient safety on the night shift
- Behavioral health and hospital costs
- Hospital Compare may slow price increases
- Identify a particular clinical, legal, or educational issue related to quality improvement and performance outcomes
- Describe how the clinical, legal, or educational issues related to quality improvement and performance outcomes affect nurses, health care workers, hospitals, or the health care industry in general
- Cite solutions to the problems associated with quality improvement and performance outcomes based on guidelines from relevant authorities and/or independent recommendations from clinicians at individual institutions
Editor Lisa Hubbell
, Executive Editor Russ Underwood
, Associate Managing Editor Jill Drachenberg
, and nurse planner Paula Swain, RN, MSN, CPHQ, FNAHQ
, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Consulting Editor Patrice Spath, RHIT
discloses she is principal of Brown-Spath & Associates.
Copyright 2014, AHC Media. All rights reserved.