Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AHC Media also is approved as a provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP10864.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.5 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Editorial Group Head
American Health Consultants
Maureen Archambault, BSN, RN, MBA, HRM
Catholic Healthcare West
- Saying 'I'm sorry' is starting to pay off with reduced lawsuits and legal costs
- Insurer sees good results from disclosure, apologies
- Fake JCAHO surveyors and false alarms still a problem
- Duke opens web site on recent mix-up in surgery
- PA hospital says results of CPOE reduce drug errors
- Clinic Intranet encourages doctors to report concerns
- Best to comply with the spirit of the 250-yard rule
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk managers in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Financial Disclosure:Author Greg Freeman, Editorial Group Head Lee Landenberger, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault, BSN, RN, MBA, HRM report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2005 AHC Media. All rights reserved.