Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.5 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.5 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Editorial Group Head
Senior Managing Editor
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Healthcare Risk Consultant
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Special Report: Katrina Deaths: Katrina murder allegations put spotlight on dire situations
- Special Report: Katrina Deaths: Doctor's lawyer says she was hero, not murderer
- Special Report: Katrina Deaths: Policy can't cover all situations, can backfire
- Special Report: Katrina Deaths: Tenet distances itself from hospital, accused clinicians
- Special Report: Katrina Deaths: Ethicist sees difficult situation in Katrina charges
- SBAR checklist can cut risk at patient handoff
- SBAR checklist outlines what to say at handoff
- Seems simple, but culture change can be difficult
- Rapport with in-house counsel comes in handy
- Settlement means feds looking at charge levels
- Tools to stop wandering may not be effective
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Financial Disclosure:Author Greg Freeman, Editorial Group Head Glen Harris, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2006 AHC Media. All rights reserved.