Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Senior Managing Editor
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Healthcare Risk Consultant
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Georgia hospital hit by F3 tornado — All patients evacuated to area hospitals
- How to set up emergency treatment area at a church
- Hospital used service to update web site
- Homicide ruling in ED may have chilling effect
- Hospital vows changes after more patients 'dumped'
- Duke hospital sued again over hydraulic fluid mix-up
- Family accuses hospital of letting patient starve
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Financial Disclosure:Author Greg Freeman, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA, report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.