Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Senior Managing Editor
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Healthcare Risk Consultant
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Fake CPR certificates show need to check credentials for more than MDs
- Exaggeration can be falsification, attorney says
- No shortage of lies on job applications
- Adverse events rise, but meaning debated
- Study finds growing risk from drug errors
- Watch new biotech and high-alert meds
- Acute pain emerging as new area of liability
- Closed claim review shows common risks
- Police investigating suspicious insulin deaths
- Leapfrog Top Hospitals raise bar on safety
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman, Associate Publisher Coles McKagen, Senior Managing Editor Joy Dickinson, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2007 AHC Media. All rights reserved.