Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Jon T. Gatto, Esq.
Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney, PC
Barbara Reding, RN, LHCRM, PLNC Associate Publisher Russ Underwood
Citrus Memorial Health System
AHC Media Managing Editor Karen Young
AHC Media Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Healthcare Risk Consultant
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Fifth wrong-site surgery brings harsh penalties, scrutiny
- Hospital already was trying to prevent errors
- CT scan of pregnant woman after ID error
- Avoid being drawn into billing fraud
- Vet vendors, watch out for fraud warnings
- Qui tam changes may bring more fraud suits
- Lean management can work to risk manager's favor
- Hospital reduces ED wait with lean management
- Patient under observation commits suicide: Verdict for the defense
- Settlement in hypoxic injury case
- Risk managers remain valued players in health arena
- Income on the rise for risk managers
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman, Managing Editor Karen Young, Associate Publisher Russ Underwood, Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault, and Legal Review & Commentary authors Jon T. Gatto and Barbara Reding report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2010 AHC Media. All rights reserved.