Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Healthcare Risk Consultant
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Katrina lawsuit could bring new liability risk for hospitals
- Suit claims failure to prepare for flood
- Evacuation insurance can address some disasters
- Joint Commission may expect more than local codes
- Hospital's apology ends contentious litigation
- Mandatory review panels pushed for tort reform
- CT AG is first to file suit under HITECH
- Doctor accused of covering up transplant patient switch
- Joint Commission updates site-marking procedure
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman, Managing Editor Karen Young, Associate Publisher Russ Underwood, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2010 AHC Media. All rights reserved.