Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Healthcare Risk Consultant
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Off-peak hours threaten patient safety, require more vigilance from RM
- Gather data properly to study off-peak danger
- Education can falter for off-peak staff
- Wrong phone numbers threaten patient safety
- Tips for avoiding wrong phone numbers
- TJC counsel underscores privacy commitment
- Procedures, technology can prevent retained items
- Counts are good, but not enough, study finds
- Better patient safety means fewer claims
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman, Managing Editor Karen Young, Associate Publisher Russ Underwood, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2010 AHC Media. All rights reserved.