Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Healthcare Risk Consultant
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- RM says she was fired for reporting EMTALA violation
- Lawsuit claims RM acted appropriately
- ASHRM stands behind fired risk manager
- Fake mammogram results lead to indictment
- Hospital confirms results were faked
- Johns Hopkins shooting shows need to prepare
- Personal touch might defuse potential violence
- ED violence vs. nurses remains high
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman, Managing Editor Karen Young, Associate Publisher Russ Underwood, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2010 AHC Media. All rights reserved.