Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
Radha V. Bachman
- ACO rule provides detail but creates regulatory burden for providers
- Proposed rule specifies ACO quality standards
- OB program aims to cut claims, improve safety
- Team investigates OB adverse events
- Key to OB safety effort: high-reliability concepts
- Lawsuit shows new risk from competitors
- Corporate suits make RMs more valuable
- Professional group targets patient safety
- Survey: Social media seeing more restrictions
- Nurse kills herself after medical error
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Grena Porto, contributing author, and Radha V. Bachman, guest columnist, have no relationships to disclose.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media LLC. All rights reserved.