Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Surgeon loses $3.3 million verdict after saying to family that he's sorry
- Take a pause after the apology
- Court weighs 'I'm sorry' vs. 'I'm responsible'
- Must be 50 ways to say you're sorry
- How to disclose errors by another provider
- Parents weren't told link between error and death
- Doc tells about error, other provider unhappy
- Hasty disclosure can damage other providers
- EMRs, other tools count as medical devices
- Palm scan technology improves patient safety
- Hospital sued after poisoning death
- Few med mal claims lead to settlement
- Humana fined $3.4 M for not reporting fraud
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2011 AHC Media LLC. All rights reserved.