Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 50-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
Radha V. Bachman
- Is your premium too high? You might be getting ripped off
- Probe load calculation, show your own data
- Don't leave insurance to finance department
- More MD hires means more tail insurance
- Weigh tail options when hiring MDs
- Identified fall risks can be used in prevention
- Comorbid conditions increase fall risk
- Target those most at risk of falls, but others too
- Volunteer program cuts falls 46%
- More rounding means better fall compliance
- Clinical champion is a must for falls program
- Kaiser hospital fined for med storage error
- Failure to communicate test results adds risks
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study. Radha V. Bachman, guest columnist, has no relationships to disclose.
Copyright 2012 AHC Media LLC. All rights reserved.