Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Wave of settlements with deaf patients raises risk for hospitals
- ADA requires equal access for deaf patients
- 7 hospital settlements in past year related to hearing
- Settlement cases show how disabled patients can be affected
- Real-time video monitoring in OR checks safety compliance
- 'Know Your Physician' program improves care, safety
- Onus is on you to determine business associates under HIPAA
- AACN issues practice alert to manage clinical alarms
- FDA cautions on devices connected to health care networks
- TN hospitals reduce early elective births 75% in seven months
- Strategies offered for wrong patient med errors
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Financial Disclosure:Author Greg Freeman, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2013 AHC Media. All rights reserved.