Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Choose your words carefully with patients to reduce liability, improve safety
- Engage family members in crucial conversations
- Variety of overhead pages can pose safety risk
- Manage risks of electronic records to avoid liability
- Health system, doctors accused of kickbacks, DOJ sues
- OTC med blamed in lawsuit against children’s hospital
- WellPoint pays HHS $1.7 million for PHI accessible over Internet
- HHS issues final health IT safety plan
- New NPSG addresses clinical alarm safety
- Mobile devices pose breach risk, action needed
- Researcher’s travel expenses cited in $2.93 million settlement
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Financial Disclosure:Author Greg Freeman, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault report no consultant, stockholder, speaker’s bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2013 AHC Media. All rights reserved.