Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Risk managers have moved from reactive to proactive over decades
- Risk managers now interact with all leadership levels
- Attorneys see risk managers gaining prominence
- Hospital in hot water after complying with police
- Man claims hospital repeatedly forced cavity search
- Always require search warrant for forcible searches
- Court says insurer liable for data breach expenses
- Insurer tried to say CGL offered no breach coverage
- Cyber policies a good deal, but choose carefully
- OIG targets sleep studies, and CMS promises crack down
- Hospital and physicians indicted in kickback case
- Report says hospital did not search for patient who was missing
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman
, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson
, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault
report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.