Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- GWU's victory shows value in fighting fraud charges
- Hospital whittled down claims to reach summary judgment
- False claims, antitrust risks on the rise
- Risk managers merging employee health with patient safety
- Do you treat worker injuries like patient injuries?
- OSHA might take a closer look at healthcare injuries
- Your 'nicest' patient could sue you for malpractice
- Tail insurance is an increasing concern as industry changes
- Med-mal cost growing at slowest rate in 14 years
- Long-term care liability costs on the rise
- CMS issues rule on Stark exceptions
- TJC issues NPSG on clinical alarms
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman
, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson
, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault
report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.