Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- HMA lawsuits, indictment highlight whistleblower risk
- HMA accused of scheme to increase admissions
- HMA execs claim kickbacks to physicians
- 'Copy-and-paste' fraud targeted by CMS and OIG
- OIG report says EHRs ripe for fraud
- No need to disable ctrl-c/ctrl-v in EHRs
- Hospitals struggle to resolve brain-death issue with families
- Two struggles with brain death: One to keep support, one to let the patient go
- OSHA offers new resource for worker safety
- Record number of fraud cases in past year
- HHS releases guides for health IT safety
- LLC: Botched genetic testing yields massive verdict of $50 million
- LLC: Negligent prescription results in fatality and verdict of $2.25 million
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman
, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson
, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault
report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.