Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Changing state marijuana laws shake up drug policies at hospitals
- Assess current drug policies in light of pot legalization
- Case law provides some employer support
- Hospital has 'absolute right' to prevent drug use
- System ordered to divest physician group or risk antitrust
- Court says deal would increase costs
- How to avoid antitrust when acquiring practices
- Mental health parity act creates new, increased risks
- Hospital's deep pockets will invite claims
- Team approach can help, but only if adequate
- Report finds hospital at fault in stairwell death
- Imaging group to pay $15.5 million for false claims
- Health and Human Services addresses health IT safety plan with SAFER guides
- Risk managers meeting in Anaheim, CA, Oct. 26-29
- Failure to recognize infection leads to sepsis and amputations, and $32 million settlement
- Negligent removal of tracheostomy tube results in $15 million verdict against hospital and doctor
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman
, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson
, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault
report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.