Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Who is liable when drugs are diverted? Hospital may pay for theft by contractor
- Tech stole Fentanyl, gave patients hepatitis C
- Drug diversion a chronic problem for hospitals
- Contract language might help avoid diversion liability
- Case could offer new defense strategy in med mal
- Methodist Hospital case involve nurse conclusions
- HIEs can threaten privacy and security
- HEN programs report better safety, fewer adverse events
- Tactics needed more than best practices
- Readmitted patients more likely to die
- Free app helps physicians reduce risk
- Comments during procedure recorded on cell phone — Patient says staff members were mocking him
- Guidelines adopted for telemedicine
- State supreme court affirms $3.2 million verdict in negligence case against hospital;Inadequate treatment results in verdict of $1.6 million for widow and her children
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman
, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson
, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault
report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.