Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Infant abductions hit all-time low, but older children still at risk
- Don’t rush to high-tech solutions without assessment
- Amber Alert drill a little too realistic for hospital
- Alternative risk financing could be right for you
- Risk manager plays key role with captive
- Electronic communications still a major risk
- Sexting in surgery, Facebook post among latest problems
- Electronic security a growing concern in healthcare
- Essential education on cyber security in healthcare
- Hospital cuts medmal 50% in obstetrics
- Nonpunitive response to errors top list of hospital concerns
- Hospital to pay $41 million to settle fraud claims
- Wrong kidney removed — malpractice suit follows
- Sutter invests million in lifts to improve patient safety
- Surgical mistake leads to infection, loss of large intestine, and $12 million verdict
- Misdiagnosis leads to ruptured aneurysm — Survivor awarded $13.2 million
- Correction in July HRM
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman
, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson
, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault
report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.