Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Confirmation bias threatens patient safety, but can be overcome
- Surgeon looks at dye label, ‘sees’ what he expects
- Confirmation bias is pitfall for all clinicians
- Personal communication improves handoffs
- 1 in 4 handoffs threaten patient safety
- Tailor HIPAA training of your staff to your needs, and avoid generics
- How to customize HIPAA training
- Corporate negligence can complicate med mal
- Free vaccine app speeds process, documentation
- ONC: Electronic health records improve patient safety
- Move to ICD-10 could compromise safety data
- Obstetricians’ negligence leads to cerebral palsy, $9.6 million verdict for mother and child
- State supreme court affirms $4.4 million verdict based on lack of informed consent
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman
, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson
, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault
report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.