Target Audience:This activity is intended for health care risk managers, lawyers, and other managers responsible for reducing liability and improving safety in the health care setting.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Credit Designation:This activity has been approved for 1.25 nursing contact hours using a 60-minute contact hour.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 14749, for 1.25 Contact Hours.
Nurses licensed in California should retain this credit letter for four years.
Joy Daughtery Dickinson
Maureen Archambault, RN, CHRM, MBA
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Marsh Risk and Insurance Services
- Workplace violence a growing threat — Recent attack highlights the risks
- Video shows brutal attack on nurses
- Security guard knifed, nurses injured in attack
- Violence insurance helps with HCAHPS score
- Raging physicians, coworkers also pose a threat System settles false claim charges for $37 million
- Malpractice caused Joan Rivers’ death, critics say
- Hospital reduces alarms by 80% with changes
- 7 steps led to reduction in alarms
- Understanding large deductible policies and captives
- Healthcare system liable for $1.6M for overdose
- Hospital gave wrong med to patient, admits error 14. $7.9 million verdict for man paralyzed during pain management procedure AHC/2015/HRM-LRC-01-01-15-a.html 15. Patient awarded $3.35 million after bowel perforation and barium misuse AHC/2015/HRM-LRC-01-01-15-b.html
- Describe legal, clinical, financial, and managerial issues pertinent to risk management in health care
- Explain how these issues affect nurses, doctors, legal counsel, management, and patients
- Identify solutions, including programs used by government agencies and other hospitals, for hospital personnel to use in overcoming risk management challenges they encounter in daily practice
Author Greg Freeman
, Executive Editor Joy Daughtery Dickinson
, and Nurse Planner Maureen Archambault
report no consultant, stockholder, speaker's bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2014 AHC Media. All rights reserved.