Target Audience:This activity is intended for the infectious disease physician.
Accreditation:AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation:AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Spinal Epidural Abscess—Is Drainage Required?
- PCR and the Diagnosis of Occult Bacterial Infection in Hip Prostheses
- Congenital HHV6 and HHV7 Infections
- Lymphogranuloma venereum Outbreak in Gay Men
- Hamster-Bite Fever?
- Rat-Bite Fever
- Probiotics For Preventing Infectious Diarrhea in Infants
- Ribavirin For Hantavirus Cardiopulmonary Syndrome. . . It’s Back to the Drawing Board
- to discuss diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases
- present current data regarding use of new antibiotics for commonly diagnosed diseases and new uses for traditional drugs
- present the latest information regarding pros, cons, and cost-effectiveness of new and traditional diagnostic tests
- present prevalence/surveillance data for various diseases, such as AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, and pneumonia
- discuss new information regarding how infectious diseases (eg, AIDS) are transmitted and how such information can lead to the development of new therapeutic drugs
Financial Disclosure:In order to reveal any potential bias in this publication, we disclose that Stan Deresinski, MD, FACP serves on the speaker’s bureau of Merck, Schering, Pfizer, Aventis, and J&J.
Joseph F. John, Jr., MD is a consultant for Cubist, Roche, and BioMerieux, is on the speaker’s bureau of Merck, Pharmacia, GlaxoSmithKline, Bayer, and Wyeth, and does research for Merck.
Carol A. Kemper, MD, FACP serves on the speaker’s bureau of Virologic, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, and Agouron and is involved in research with Chiron, Merck, Agouron, and Virologic.
Robert Muder, MD does research for Aventis and Pharmacia.
Alan D. Tice, MD, FACP is a consultant for Roche, Merck, and ZLB and is on the speaker’s bureau of Roche, Ortho, GlaxoSmith-Kline, and Pharmacia, and does research for Elan, Roche, Merck, Pharmacia, and Becton-Dickinson.
Hal B. Jenson, MD, FAAP is on the speaker’s bureau of Merck.
J. Peter Donnelly, PhD is a consultant for OrthBioTech and does research for Janssen, Merck, Novartis, Numico, Pharmacia, and Pfizer.
Jerry D. Smilack, MD is a stockholder for Merck and Pfizer.
Dean L. Winslow, MD, FACP is a consultant for Bayer Diagnostics and Pfizer/Agouron, and is on the speaker’s bureau for Pfizer/Agouron.
Copyright 2005 AHC Media. All rights reserved.